- Democracy Innovations
- Lower the Voting Age for Local Elections
- Voting Age Resources
Voting Age Resources
Research and Resources
- Our coverage of Hyattsville's decision to lower the voting age at the blog.
- A Scottish study from 2014 finds that 16- and 17-year-old voters are just as political as older counterparts, and that there is no strong association with the voting intentions of their parents.
- An Austrian study from 2012 finds that the quality of 16- and 17-year-old citizens' choices were the same as older voters'.
- A Rutgers study finds that 16- and 17-year-olds are both neurologically and socially mature enough to vote responsibly.
This piece by Democratic Audit UK argues that while lowering the voting age is not a panacea for youth engagement, it is essential for democracy.
We need your support. Help us spread the love by pitching in today!
Join Us Today to Help Create a More Perfect Union