- Ranked Choice Voting
- Data on Ranked Choice Voting
- Voter Support
Voter Support for RCV
This section examines voters’ level of satisfaction with RCV.
- Maine used RCV for the first time for statewide elections in 2018. An exit poll after their November 2018 general election showed 60.9% of respondents in favor of keeping RCV or expanding use of RCV.
- 94% of Santa Fe voters reported feeling “very satisfied” or “somewhat satisfied” with their first use of RCV in 2018, as reported in an 2018 exit poll by FairVote New Mexico.
- In Minneapolis in 2017, 66% of voters reported support for continued use of RCV, compared with only 16 percent who said they do not support its use and 18 percent who were unsure.
- Find additional details from exit surveys in the following report:
FairVote. 2018. Exit Surveys: Voters Evaluate Ranked Choice Voting.