FairVote's reforms continue to gain steam, as organizations and individuals recognize and defend their potential to make every vote count in every election. In particular, many are advocating for adopting a constitutional right to vote and using ranked choice voting in local and statewide elections. Here is the latest:
- The ever-growing coalition of groups supporting the right to vote in the U.S. Constitution now includes the DNC, which unanimously approved the effort in the executive committee. Rob Richie discusses the decision in the Huffington Post Blog.
- FairVote staffer Dania Korkor describes the importance of a constitutional right to vote in two minutes at the 2015 Voting and Elections Summit.
- Speaking of the 2015 Voting and Elections Summit, see this collection of videos from the event, including Congress Member Keith Ellison, sponsor of H.J. Res. 25, speaking on the proposed right to vote constitutional amendment.
- Fair representation voting continues to gain media attention. The Atlantic highlighted FairVote work on multi-winner districts and ranked choice voting.
- Support for ranked choice voting in Maine continues to grow. Recent media pieces include a detailed op-ed by Polly Ward of the Maine League of Women Voters and a volunteer's letter about his experience gathering signatures in sub-freezing temperatures.
- The Academy Awards aired last night. See how the results in our Best Picture poll compare to the actual winners.
- Check out FairVote's new Blogspot site for quick access to important election reform news.
Catch the FairVote Reformer for the latest updates on systemic election reform.