- Get Involved
We want to hear from you! Join FairVote to help build the ranked choice voting movement across the country. Sign up here to support and grow the movement to bring ranked choice voting to all elections—from your city council to Congress and the presidency!
Our goal is to add 2,020 new supporters to our list in 2020. We need these supporters to bring RCV across the country.
How do we bring ranked choice voting to our presidential election, our local races, and to Congress?
We see this undertaking as a movement—not just a policy. To bring RCV to your local election and to elect the next president, we need to build this movement, starting with supporters, volunteers, activists, elected officials, academics, authors, influencers, and many more. We need to build power to have the influence we need to create change. Whether it’s the city council race or Congress, democracy will be shaped by the people engaging in it.
That’s why we need you! You, your neighbors, your co-workers, your family, and your friends are the power we need to make this change. Without a vast movement behind us, change won’t happen. We need you to be a part of that movement.
What’s our goal?
- We will sign up 2,020 new supporters of ranked choice voting this year.
- Supporters will hold 100 virtual events nationwide.
- First, we build the RCV movement with thousands of new supporters—in every state and every congressional district.
- Then we use this newly organized power to put ranked choice voting at the forefront of political discussion.
- Simultaneously, we work with local and state organizations to build their ranks to support ranked choice voting victories in cities and states across the country.
- We organize ourselves to educate our elected officials about ranked choice voting by contacting our state officials about the need for ranked choice voting in presidential elections and every member of Congress to educate them on the Ranked Choice Voting Act and the Fair Representation Act.
How can I help?
- Sign up to volunteer here
- Connect with our organizers: Diane in the East and Nadia in the West
Add your name to the list of Americans who support ranked choice voting
- Join a state-based RCV group
- Write a letter-to-the-editor with the support of this guide
- Make a donation to support our work