Those in New York City were recently excited to learn that Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl of Nirvana will be reuniting to play at the 12/12/12 benefit concert for those affected by Hurricane Sandy, with Paul McCartney joining them in the role formerly filled by Kurt Cobain. A smaller number may be aware of the critical role Krist Novoselic has played in fighting for reforms to improve American democracy.
Krist has been on FairVote's board of directors since 2005 and has been chair of the board since 2008. In 2004 he wrote Of Grunge and Government, in which he makes the connection between his experience in Nirvana and the American experience with voting and elections. He has been a featured guest on a number of media outlets talking about the need for proportional representation and FairVote's other signature reforms, including a recent appearance on the Rachel Maddow show.
If you would like to hear the ideas of the man who will be playing bass guitar with Dave Grohl and Paul McCartney tonight, read some of these highlighted articles written by Krist Novoselic:
- The Chairman's Corner: FairVote reforms featured in Mann-Ornstein book
- PR Proposal for California: Interview with Michael Latner
- Dawning Digital Democracy
- Who Will Own the Millenial Vote?
- A Free and Fair Vote Gives Power to the People
- Voters Want Choices. And They Want to Be Heard
Thank you Krist for all your great contributions to FairVote!