Entries Categorized with "Districts Plus"
- 3 of 3 results
- Posted: August 7, 2013
- Author(s): Devin McCarthy, Robert Fekete
The Irish Constitutional Convention was tasked with finding the best electoral system for Ireland, and all options were on the table. They decided to stick with the choice voting form of fair representation, with only 3 percent preferring U.S.-style single-member districts.
- Posted: May 3, 2013
- Author(s): Devin McCarthy, Rebecca Franklin
- Categories: Home, Fair Voting/Proportional Representation, International Elections, Elections Worldwide, Districts Plus
Despite a recent constitutional controversy, Germany's mixed member proportional representation system of elections remains one of the most effective in the world.
- Posted: April 8, 2013
- Author(s): Devin McCarthy, Sara Helmi
- Categories: Home, Fair Voting/Proportional Representation, Asia and Oceania, Elections Worldwide, Districts Plus
Several of Japan's high courts have called the 2012 election unconstitutional because of malapportionment. But the continued use of winner-take-all elections is the deeper cause of Japan's distorted electoral outcomes.