Monopoly Politics 2014 and the Fair Voting Solution
Presented below is FairVote's Monopoly Politics 2014 and the Fair Voting Solution report, followed by links to related analyses, reports, infographics, and videos. The report includes projections for every district in the country in the 2014 midterm House elections, in-depth analysis of the problems with American congressional elections as they are, and our 50-state plan for electing Congress under a fair representation voting system that could be enacted by Congress.
Projections and data for all 435 congressional districts can be downloaded or viewed online. The online spreadsheet will be continuously updated to reflect open seats as incumbents announce that they will not be running in 2014. The rest of the report will remain current as of November 2013.
The flash map below displays the partisan split, competitiveness, and racial representation of both the current district map and the fair voting solution presented in the report.
- Fixing Democracy infographic series
- Videos on fair representation voting and FairVote's Reform 2020 vision
- More information on redistricting, fair representation, and multi-seat ranked choice voting
- U-Richmond Law Review: "How Choice Voting Will End Gerrymandering and Expand Minority Voting Rights, From City Councils to Congress" by FairVote executive director Rob Richie and staff attorney Drew Spencer
- New report on Redistricting Reform in the South
- Single-member district reform using the Top Four form of ranked choice voting