Cary Voters Sing the Praises of IRV
By now it's no secret that the IRV pilot election in Cary (NC) has been a huge success, with an approval rating of 72%, and 96% saying that instant runoff voting was easy to use and understand.
But we wanted you to hear it from the voters themselves, who cited the time and money saved by avoiding a physical runoff, as well as its simplicity: "Anybody could do it, even a five-year-old child," said one voter.
So check out this video to see why folks in Cary were so pleased with IRV.
And don't forget to take a look at these glowing reviews from publications in North Carolina and across the country:
- Winston-Salem (NC) on a "big success"for IRV
- Fayetteville Observer (NC) on IRV's merits
- Wilmington Star-News (NC) on IRV for Wilmington
- John Locke Foundation president on his strong support for IRV
- Sarasota Herald Tribune (FL) on a yes vote on IRV ballot measure
- Aspen Times (CO) columnist on "a big YES" to IRV
- Pierce County News-Tribune (WA) on implementing IRV in 2008