FairVote Reforms Move in States
By developing policy ideas, introducing them to key players, and proposing winning strategies, FairVote drives reform toward fairer, more representative elections. Here are recent examples:
- Massachusetts adopts voter pre-registration for 16-year-olds
- FairVote Board Member Hendrik Hertzberg explains the National Popular Vote plan after big New York win.
- FairVote supports “Top Four” primaries with ranked choice voting as a remedy to “Top Two” primary problems in California
- The California Voting Rights Act (CVRA) leads California jurisdictions to adopt fair representation voting (FRV) systems. Santa Clarita (CA) and Santa Clarita Community College District (CA) are extending cumulative voting rights (a form of FRV) to residents
- Promote Our Vote success in Montgomery County (MD) leads to recommendations for ranked choice voting and other pro-suffrage policies
- Takoma Park (MD) voters back FairVote-supported reforms like ranked choice voting