Content Categorized with "Home"
81 - 90 of 510 results
- Posted: May 5, 2014
- Author(s): Rais Akbar
- Categories: Fair Voting/Proportional Representation, Home, Voting Rights
The Voting Rights Act has been critical for protecting voting rights since its passage in 1965. But as a recent case in Texas shows, preconditions that assume the use of single-member districts prevent the VRA from being used to its full effect.
- Posted: April 30, 2014
- Author(s): Drew Spencer
- Categories: Congressional Elections, Fair Voting/Proportional Representation, Events and Awards, Home, FairVote
This past Tuesday, FairVote had the opportunity to present on FairVote’s key reforms to a group of Elderhostelers (now called “Road Scholars”), on winner-take-all, polarization, partisan bias, and the fair voting solution.
- Posted: April 29, 2014
- Author(s): , Matthew Bugajski, Ben Petit, Kevin Werner
- Categories: Asia and Oceania, Home, International Elections, Elections Worldwide
India and Indonesia both held major elections this month. One country uses winner-take-all, the other proportional representation. That choice makes a difference.
- Posted: April 22, 2014
- Categories: Home
- Posted: April 17, 2014
- Author(s): , Dania N. Korkor, Rob Richie
- Categories: Ranked Choice Voting, Home
The best way to make sure the votes of overseas and military voters will count is for more cities to adopt the ranked choice ballots. This sensible, simple and innovative process protects the voting rights of thousands.