Content Categorized with "Home"
101 - 110 of 465 results
- Posted: June 14, 2013
- Author(s): Andrea Levien, Rob Richie
- Categories: National Popular Vote, Presidential Elections, Home
The National Popular Vote plan is poised to pass its halfway mark to implementation after both houses of the Rhode Island General Assembly passed the bill on June 13th with votes of 30-4 in the Senate and 41-31 in the House. The bill earned real bipartisan support, including more than 75% of members of each major party in the state senate.
Recently, suffrage was expanded in Takoma Park, Maryland to include voters of ages 16 and 17. At the same time, New York City considered allowing documented residents to vote in local elections irrespective of citizenship status.
- Posted: May 3, 2013
- Author(s): Rebecca Franklin, Devin McCarthy
- Categories: Fair Voting/Proportional Representation, Home, International Elections, Elections Worldwide, Districts Plus
Despite a recent constitutional controversy, Germany's mixed member proportional representation system of elections remains one of the most effective in the world.
- Posted: May 2, 2013
- Author(s): Andrew Douglas, Sara Helmi
- Categories: Fair Voting/Proportional Representation, Middle East and Africa, International Elections, Home, Elections Worldwide
Kenya's use of winner-take-all elections provides few incentives for inter-ethnic cooperation. Proportional representation could help bridge the country's ethnic divides.
Every two years, FairVote conducts a thorough analysis of congressional elections, pointing out problems and making predictions in U.S. House of Representatives districts in all 50 states, that we call Monopoly Politics. We recently released our first projections for the 2014 congressional elections, including publishing a downloadable spreadsheet with partisanship data for every congressional district in the country. Check out the media coverage of our 2014 projections, our Monopoly Politics 2012 report, and our resources on the fair voting solution.
- Posted: April 30, 2013
- Author(s): Andrea Levien
- Categories: Presidential Elections, National Popular Vote, Home
Check out FairVote's new Google Map, which shows in detail when and where the presidential and vice presidential candidates held events during the fall campaign. The distribution may surprise you.