Content Authored by Rebecca Hellmich
1 - 3 of 3 results
- Posted: August 21, 2014
- Author(s): , Rebecca Hellmich
- Categories: Instant Runoff & Ranked Choice Voting, National Popular Vote, Congressional Elections, Fair Voting/Proportional Representation, Home
Fair representation voting and ranked choice systems received significant media attention this month, with several notable publications featuring FairVote’s work and running expert commentary by FairVote staff and allies. Here are some of the highlights.
- Posted: July 31, 2014
- Author(s): Rebecca Hellmich
- Categories: FairVote Reformer E-Newsletters, Reforms, Voting Rights
With political polarization at its highest point in more than a century, observers often assume opposition to reform is inevitable. But there have been recent developments in bipartisan cooperation for FairVote’s Reform 2020 agenda, which we discuss in this issue of The Reformer.
- Posted: July 11, 2014
- Author(s): Rebecca Hellmich, Rebecca Hellmich
- Categories: Research & Analysis, Redistricting, FairVote, Voter Turnout, Voter Preregistration
Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal in May signed a law establishing voting pre-registration for 16-year-olds. The law features an innovative "opt-out" approach to voter registration that will further boost registration and participation. Louisiana has a history of such innovative election policy.