Posted on October 21, 2016
FairVote's board chair Krist Novoselic has been touring in support of ranked choice voting this week -- starting with events in Portland, Maine and New York City. Tomorrow, on Saturday, he will:
- Appear as a guest on C-SPAN's Washington Journal at 8:30 am ET, airing live around the country;
- Deliver a TEDx talk that will be live-streamed here around 11:45 am ET.
Ranked choice voting is on the November 8th ballot in Maine and has been on a media roll, including:
- A strong editorial endorsement in the Portland Press Herald, Maine's largest newspaper, for Question 5,
- A commentary by Larry Diamond on BillMoyers.com,
- A commentary in RealClearPolitics by former U.S. Senate candidate Greg Orman,
- A Newsweek profile featuring FairVote analysis,
- A strong editorial endorsement for Benton County's ranked choice voting ballot measure in Oregon, led by BetterBallotBenton.com,
- A profile of Krist's visit to Maine,
- Appearances by Krist on National Public Radio's WNYC, Fox Business, and ABC News Radio.
We also covered a range of big news in last week's eblast.
Finally, many Americans are already casting ballots in this year's election. We urge everyone to vote even as we do our best to upgrade our voting infrastructure, work for a national popular vote for president, take on gerrymandering with the Fair Representation Act and, of course, establish ranked choice voting for all our big elections.
Executive Director, FairVote