Posted on April 03, 2015
FairVote loves the news, and the news loves FairVote! Our reforms are making headlines. Here's the latest:
- Join FairVote for its National Democracy Slam conference on April 22! Explore 17 bold ideas for breaking partisan gridlock, ending gerrymandering, and improving America's elections and politics. Speakers include US Congress members to community organizers.
- FairVote and the Bipartisan Policy Center released a new report, Best Practices for Collaborative Policymaking. FairVote researchers examine state legislatures, and identify and recommend rules/practices that can empower bipartisan cooperation.
- Michael Golden highlights FairVote's reforms in his new book, Unlock Congress, about congressional gridlock and innovative solutions. The book will be released April 15.
The New York Times published a Letter to the Editor written by FairVote's Executive Director Rob Richie on the need for fair representation voting systems and other reforms.
- FairVote's Dania Korkor and Rob Richie advocated for more democratic special elections in the Baltimore Sun.
- Ranked choice voting in Maine is turning heads and gaining support. Recent media pieces include an op-ed from the Portland Press Herald and this Letter to the Editor from the Republican Journal.
- Check out FairVote's Blogspot site for quick access to important election reform news.
Catch the FairVote Reformer for the latest updates on systemic election reform.