41 - 50 of 653 results
The voiceless population and what we can do to give independents and 3rd parties a chance to speak.
- Posted: October 10, 2009
- Author(s): Joe Rothstein
- Publication: U.S. Politics Today
- Categories: Democracy SOS Project, Ranked Choice Voting/Instant Runoff Voting, Fair Voting/Proportional Representation, FairVote
Fairbanks Borough should adopt IRV so that we can raise voter turnout and gain a candidate elected by the majority of the people.
- Posted: October 1, 2009
- Author(s): Deirdre Helfferich
- Publication: The Ester Republic
- Categories: Ranked Choice Voting/Instant Runoff Voting, Fair Voting/Proportional Representation, FairVote
"Most Californians register to vote not because a political cause has touched their heart, but rather because they checked a box on a form at the Department of Motor Vehicles when they received or renewed their driver's license."
- Posted: September 30, 2009
- Author(s): Timm Herdt
- Publication: Ventura County Star
- Categories: FairVote
Letter to the editor: Washington Local believes that the Pierce County Elections Department's Auditor is wasting taxpayer money by not refusing to use ranked choice voting.
- Posted: September 28, 2009
- Author(s): Kelly Haughton
- Publication: The News Tribune
- Categories: Ranked Choice Voting/Instant Runoff Voting, FairVote